It took China only 12 years to double its GDP per person (in PPP) from $1300 to $2600. And China will need only 7 years to double it from the present level or $8400. And India is following, too, though not as quick as China, but much quicker than the developed countries.
- Economic Indicators : Debt/GDP Ratio (niravisms.wordpress.com)
- Putting a figure on social progress (smh.com.au)
- OECD Countries With The Widest Gap Between Rich And Poor (huffingtonpost.com)
Those are poor or developing countries which are going to be dramatically affected by negative effect of climate change. This infographic makes it more visual. Are the safe countries ready to take more responsibility for their contribution to damage the climate last many decades?
- Environmental Performance and Vulnerability to Climate Change: A Case Study (chimalaya.org)
- U.N. chief urges global leaders to launch Green Climate Fund (cnn.com)
- UN chief calls for compromise to find comprehensive climate deal – Xinhua (news.xinhuanet.com)